1. Liverpool looked strong and gave Leicester their second loss and kept the first clean sheet against the foxes. In a game that many thought would be another win for Leicester, Dejan Lovren and Mamadou Sakho were both really strong and held Vardy and Mahrez fairly quiet. It was a good win for Jurgen Klopp and will give them something to fight for this season.
2. Arsenal blew their chance to go top with a poor performance. They were played off the park this weekend by Southampton. The Saints put together a great game and gave themselves some breathing room, pushing them closer to the top half. Arsenal, meanwhile, remained in second place and is still 2 points behind the leaders.
3. Manchester City got a great rebound win, but it came at a cost. City dominated Sunderland, jumping out to a 3 goal lead in the first half. They made it 4-0 before Borini scored a goal. The final score was 4-1. The story of the game was the return and then quick exit of Vincent Kompany. The captain returned to the field after a long layoff, but then was subbed off just 9 minutes later with a new injury. This could be a big blow for City.
4. Is this the last week for Van Gaal? Is he going to leave United on his own power? United put out another lackluster showing against Stoke and they were made to pay for it. Stoke took the lead thanks to a terrible attempted header by Depay that put in Johnson, who crossed to Bojan for an easy finish. The lead was doubled just 7 minutes later when Bojan’s freekick came back off the wall to Arnautovic. He sweetly struck the ball into the back of the net. The game finished 2-0. United are now in 6th place, 3 points behind Spurs in 4th.
5. Harry Kane is back and is looking very strong. He went on to score a brace against Norwich this weekend en route to a 3-0 win for Spurs. Tom Carroll added the third. Tottenham are looking very good this season and are poised to make a serious run at not only a top four spot, but also a run at the title. This will be an exciting season for them as their young stars continue to mature and look very strong.
Here are a couple goals that you should see from this weekend.
Marko Arnautovic vs. Manchester United
Cuco Martina vs. Arsenal