- Can West Ham put an end to their 4 game losing skid? – The answer is yes and no. West Ham did not get all three points this weekend, but they did end their 4 game losing streak. In the second half, Middlesbrough took the lead thanks to Christian Stuani just 6 minutes into the half. The lead did not last very long as Dimitri Payet leveled the scored just 6 minutes later. The game ended in a 1-1 draw. This game earned West Ham their 4th point of the season. West Ham remains in the bottom 3 of the table and has only won 1 game all season. After the international break, West Ham has a trip across London to face Crystal Palace and then a home game against Sunderland. Pressure will surely only be mounting on Slaven Bilic. The home game against Sunderland is surely a must win.
- Can Real Madrid get back to winning ways in the league? – Gareth Bale earned a point for Real Madrid. This weekend they faced a tough Eibar side that has a fantastic defense. Eibar took the lead in the 6th minute thanks to Fran Rico. That lead did not last long as Gareth Bale leveled the score thanks to the assist from Ronaldo. That was all the scoring in the game and it would earn Real Madrid their third draw in a row in the league. It has allowed Atletico Madrid to catch them in the table. They did do better than their rivals Barcelona who suffered a 4-3 defeat at Celta Vigo. They conceded 3 goals in 11 minutes in the first half and that was pretty much the game. They had a strong comeback in the second half, but a horrible mistake gave Celta their 4th and put the game just out of reach. They are now in 4th, 2 points behind the Madrid clubs.
- Is France becoming one of the better title races? – This weekend only made it better as Nice, Monaco, and PSG all won this weekend plus Lyon won to move up to fifth just 3 points now behind PSG in third. Nice defeat Lorient thanks to Mario Balotelli. Balotelli scored the go ahead goal in the 86th minute. Balotelli took his shirt off to earn a yellow and then in the 93rd minute got sent off for arguing with the official. PSG defeated Bordeaux thanks to two first half goals by Edinson Cavani. Monaco might have had the best weekend as they put 7 past Metz. Nice and Monaco are within a point and PSG is just 4 points behind Nice. The question is can Nice and Monaco keep it up?
- Mauro Icardi is lighting up the Serie A – Mauro remains the top scorer in the league but he was caught this weekend. Mauro enter the weekend with 6 goals from 6 games and he did not score as his Inter side fell 2-1 to Roma. In terms of the top scorers, Mauro did not score this weekend but his rivals did. Carlos Bacca scored from the penalty spot to help Milan come back from a 3-1 deficit to win 4-3 over Sassuolo. More interestingly, Gonzalo Higuain scored twice this weekend to help Juventus defeat Empoli 3-0. After the international break, it will be interesting to see it Mauro can pick his great form back up as Inter will need his help. They have dropped to 9th thanks to their defeat. Juventus did pick up some points at the top thanks to Atalanta defeating Napoli 1-0.
- How long can Bayern go unbeaten this season? – They are still undefeated after this weekend, but they have now dropped points. They drew 1-1 with Koln this weekend in a very good game. Joshua Kimmich gave Bayern a first half lead. In the second half, Anthony Modeste leveled the score and kept both teams unbeaten so far this season. However, Bayern did pick up points on Dortmund as Dortmund fell 2-0 to Bayer Leverkusen. This defeat for Dortmund means that Hertha Berlin is now in second just 3 points behind Bayern. Hertha defeated Hamburger 2-0 this weekend. They are a point above Dortmund, Koln, and Leipzig (the other unbeaten team). While it was not the weekend that Munich would have hoped for in terms of their match, they do maintain their spot on top and are still unbeaten.