- Can Jose Mourinho get United back to winning ways? – United have gone 4 games in a row without a win. They are currently in 8th place in the league and 8 points behind their crosstown rivals. Mourinho is banned from the touchline and will need to get his message across ahead of time. This weekend they travel to Wales to face Swansea City. Swansea are currently in the bottom 3 of the table. They have not won since the first day of the season and only have 5 points. They are led by American manager Bob Bradley. This looks like a great opportunity for either team to make a statement. A win for either side should help right the ship. How will Mourinho set up his team to get the best out of them?
- How will Barcelona respond to their midweek defeat? – Barcelona has had an up and down season. They have lost 2 games in the league this season and then lost this week in the Champions League against former boss Pep Guardiola. They are two points behind Real Madrid right now. They have won 3 games in a row in the league, but injuries are mounting up for them. Can they make a statement this weekend when they face Sevilla? Sevilla has been adapting to their new manager Jorge Sampaoli and looks like a force. Sevilla are currently level on points with Atletico Madrid and 3 points behind Real Madrid. This is a heavyweight showdown in La Liga and should be a fascinating game.
- Can Nice maintain their unbeaten run? – The only unbeaten team in France left is the leaders, Nice. They have gone on an unbelievable run having won 6 in a row. They have one of the best defenses in the league. Alassane Plea and Mario Balotelli have been great, scoring a combined 13 goals. SM Caen is their opponent this week who have lost their last 3 games in a row. They are in the relegation playoff spot right now. This should be straightforward for Nice. They are currently 6 points clear and another win this weekend puts them 9 points clear and gives them a great shot at the title this season. They have now won the title since 1959 and will hope that they can find a way this season.
- Will the three unbeaten teams in Germany stay unbeaten? – Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig, and Hoffenheim all enter the weekend undefeated. Bayern lead the bunch with 7 wins and 2 draws. Leipzig have 6 wins and 3 draws and Hoffenheim have 5 wins and 4 draws. This weekend we see two of these teams face each other as Bayern Munich hosts Hoffenheim. This could be a massive game in the league. Hoffenheim have won their last five games coming into this game. They have skyrocketed up the table. Munich meanwhile has the best defense and the best offense in the league and has rebounded nicely from their two straight draws with two straight wins. Leipzig meanwhile hosts Mainz. Leipzig has won 4 straight. Mainz is in 9th position currently with some very shaky form. Will all three remain unbeaten? Will Munich stay on top of the league?
- Can Roma, Milan, Lazio, or Napoli keep pace with Juventus? – Juventus looks stronger and stronger each week. They are top of the table right now and have a nice 4 point lead on the pack of teams chasing Juventus and fighting for the other Champions League places. None of these teams can really afford to drop any points as Juventus look to distance themselves from the pack. Roma host Bologna this weekend. Milan travel to Palermo. Napoli hosts Lazio. Roma and Milan should get three points this weekend. Napoli and Lazio will need to win this weekend or else they will fall behind the pack and even further behind Juventus. Juventus travel to Chievo Verona this weekend. Chievo are in the bottom half of the table and will find it hard to earn three points this weekend. This will put added pressure on the other teams. Will the pack keep pace?
5 Games To Watch This Weekend
Arsenal vs. Tottenham – The North London Derby should be a good game this weekend and could be a big statement game. Can Arsene get another win against his North London rivals?
My Pick – Arsenal 2, Tottenham 1: Sanchez, Ozil, and Heung-Min
Brad’s Pick – Arsenal 2, Tottenham 1: Walcott, Ozil, and Alli
Sevilla vs. Barcelona – The biggest game this weekend sees two of the top four and two of the most successful teams in Europe as Sevilla hosts Barcelona. One team will be right in the hunt for the title meanwhile the other might be out of it with a loss.
My Pick – Sevilla 2, Barcelona 2: Vietto, N’Zonzi, Suarez, and Neymar
Brad’s Pick – Sevilla 1, Barcelona 3: Nasri, Suarez (2), and Messi
Bayern Munich vs. Hoffenheim – Two unbeaten teams in the Bundesliga meet in Bavaria this weekend. Can Munich start their pull away for the title?
My Pick – Munich 2, Hoffenheim 1: Costa, Lewandowski, and Wagner
Brad’s Pick – Munich 2, Hoffenheim 0: Muller and Ribery
Napoli vs. Lazio – Four and Five in Italy meet this weekend in Naples as 5th place Napoli hosts 4th place Lazio. Napoli will look to rebound and Lazio will look to make it 7 unbeaten in a row.
My Pick – Napoli 2, Lazio 2: Gabbiadini, Callejon, Anderson, and Immobile
Brad’s Pick – Napoli 1, Lazio 1: Hamsik and Immobile
PSG vs. Rennes – PSG seem to be righting the ship but they are behind Nice right now. Rennes could go level with PSG if they are able to get the win this weekend.
My Pick – PSG 2, Rennes 1: Jese, Cavani, and Gourcuff
Brad’s Pick – PSG 2, Rennes 2: Rabiot (2) Baal, and Andre