- Can United or Tottenham get a vital 3 points? Both of these teams are in need of a win this weekend if they are to stay in the title race. Tottenham are three points behind City and Liverpool. A win will put them level on points with Liverpool before the Reds face West Ham on Sunday. City plays on Saturday and can distance themselves a little with a win over defending champions Leicester. United, meanwhile, are without a win in their last three games and 9 points behind City and Chelsea. Anything but a win will make it tough to see a way into the title race for United.
- Who will prevail in the battle for second in Italy? This could be a huge weekend for Juventus as Roma and AC Milan face each other this weekend and Juventus faces Roma next weekend. Roma and Milan are both level on 32 points and just 4 points behind Juventus. However, they play on Monday so it might be 7 points by the time they kick off. Juventus has the Turin Derby this weekend so that is far from a certainty. Milan head to the Italian capitol in the midst of a 5 game unbeaten run having won their last 2. Roma have won their last 2 games. A win for either team would keep them in the hunt. If Roma were to not win, then they could be in trouble. It should be a good one.
- Can Barcelona get a win this weekend? Barcelona have drawn 3 straight games and now sit 6 points behind Real Madrid. They are going to need a long win streak if they have any hope of catching Real. They are unbeaten in their last 7 games in the league. This weekend they travel to Osasuna who has not won in 6 games and lost 4 straight. This is the perfect opportunity to get back to winning ways for Barcelona. Neymar will be out as the injury bug still plagues Barcelona so far. Iniesta is back fit and should start alongside Busquets and Rakitic. This seems achievable for Barcelona but nothing is certain.
- How long will the unbeaten season last? Leipzig has won 10 of their first 13 games and drawn the other 3 games. This weekend they face a trip to Ingolstadt. The big test is coming up in three weeks when they face Bayern Munich in the final game before the winter break. This will be a massive game in the title race. Leipzig has to take it one game at a time if they are going to stay in this title race. Leipzig will look to win their 9th straight game as they travel to Ingolstadt. Ingolstadt sits on the bottom of the table as they have struggled having just 1 win all season. This seems straight forward for Leipzig as this has to be a dream season for them and their fans.
- Can Nice distance themselves from PSG? Top of the table Nice travel to Paris to face the French giants. This game will be a must watch as Nice look to end PSG’s dominance of the French league. Nice are currently on top of the table with a 4 point lead on PSG and a 3 point lead on Monaco ahead of this weekend. A win for either side will drastically change the title race. If Nice win, they will give themselves a nice lead and a major confidence boost. If PSG are able to win then they will be just a point back and have set Nice back going into the Holiday Break. This has to be the must watch game of the weekend.
Premier League – Chelsea will try to make it 9 straight on Sunday when they host West Brom. Arsenal have a chance to put pressure Chelsea if they can beat Stoke on Saturday. Burnley will look to end their 3 game losing streak as they host Bournemouth.
Serie A – Lazio looks to get back on track with a win over Sampdoria. Atalanta will look to overcome their defeat against Juventus as they host Udinese this weekend. Pescara will look to end their 13 game winless this weekend when they travel to bottom side Crotone.
La Liga – Real Madrid will look to continue their 14 game unbeaten run in the league as they host Deportivo La Coruna. Valencia will look to end their 6 game winless streak as they face Real Sociedad. Sevilla will look to stay in third place with a win against Celta Vigo. The best game of the weekend is on Monday as Villarreal host Atletico Madrid. Atleti might be out of the title race if they are not able to pick up some ground quickly.
Bundesliga – Bayern Munich hosts Wolfsburg this Saturday as they look to put pressure on Leipzig. Hoffenheim maintained their unbeaten season as they drew 0-0 with Frankfurt today. Gladbach will look to end their 8 game winless streak against Mainz this weekend. Darmstadt have lost 5 straight games and will look to end that streak when they travel to Freiburg.
Ligue 1 – Monaco have the chance to temporarily go level with Nice when they travel to Bordeaux on Saturday. The top 3 have really distanced themselves from the rest of the table as PSG is 8 points ahead of Rennes. The race for the fourth spot and a place in the Europa League could get really interesting. 4 teams are within 3 points of each other. Rennes travels to Lyon in hopes of staying there. Guingamp travels to Saint-Etienne.